Skip to main content

Homemade Noodles for Chicken Noodle Soup

How to make homemade noodles for chicken noodle soup

You will Never Buy Another Can of Soup

Once you've tasted a from scratch, homemade noodle, you'll never want to buy a bag of noodles from the store again. This is the first part, of a three part series, on homemade chicken noodle soup and the same can be said about the finished product. Once you've tasted homemade chicken noodle soup, you will never buy another can of it at the market. Did I mention, they are easy to make?

The Beautiful Women I Make Noodles with

Noodle making is kind of a big deal in my part of the world. It's not uncommon to find a mother and daughter in the kitchen rolling and cutting noodles for the winter months ahead. I'm blessed because I get to make mine with a very special group of women, my church family. For as long as anyone can remember, the women at my church have put together a yearly fundraiser. You can come and purchase all kinds of wonderful goodies, including these to die for homemade noodles. The women spend months preparing crafts and homemade goods to support our church ministries. I believe the love and laughter shared while noodle making, is what makes them taste so wonderful.

From Scratch Homemade Noodles

What you'll need:
3 Cups Flour - 2 1/4 for mixing and 1/4 for rolling them out 
2 teaspoons Salt
4 large eggs

In a mixing bowl fitted with a paddle attachment, add 2 1/4 cups flour and 2 teaspoons of salt. Mix together on a low speed.

Add 4 large eggs to flour mixture and mix on low speed, until flour mixture and eggs come together and form a ball. 
How to make homemeade noodles

Dump onto floured surface and knead about six times. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and let rest for two to four hours.


Roll the dough out thin and let dry for about an hour on a dry cloth.

Cut dough into the width you'd like with a pizza cutter. 
How to make homemade noodles
Place cut noodles on cloth and let dry over night. (I cover mine with a cloth.) You can use them the next day or place them in Ziploc bags and freeze for future use. 

The Queen Bee Says: "Keep your words sweet; you never know when you may have to eat them."





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to Basics with Buttermilk Cheddar Biscuits

Spring has sprung on the farm. The trees and flowers have awoke from their winter sleep with beautiful blooms. Hummingbirds have arrived to feed on my feeders and the noise coming from the trees is a wonderful melody of bird song. We were recently enchanted with a very special visit from my granddaughter, Hadlee Rose Mount. The sacred bond between a grandmother and her granddaughter is a sweet whisper of love from the depths of our souls.  During Hadlee Rose's stay, we planted a lovely Queen Elizabeth Rose Bush, right outside my bedroom window. Even though we are often separated by many miles, I hear her love whisper each time I gaze upon our rose bush and I whisper back, "I love you sweet Hadlee Rose." In keeping with the simple, basic living ideas of the Morgan Family Farm, I've chose my go to homemade Buttermilk Cheddar Biscuits recipe for todays blog. Let's get started. What You'll Need: 2 Cups all-purpose flour (plus more as ne

Best Angel Food Cake

I make an Angel Food Cake every third Friday of the month for Elm Grove Community Church's Rib Dinner. Our community enjoys a feast, by donation only, to support Elm Gove's children's ministry. Power House Kids is our children's bus ministry. We buss children to church within a forty mile radius and feed them each Wednesday night. I love my country church. You can try my Angel Food Cake at the Rib Dinner, or you can make your very own with this recipe. This cakes substance and flavor is what sets it apart from all others. Let's get started. What You'll Need: 2 Cups Sifted Superfine Sugar Divided 1 1/3 Cups Sifted Cake Flour (not self rising) 1 1/2 Cups Egg Whites (10 - 12 jumbo, fresh and room temp) 3/4 t. Kosher Salt 1 1/2 t. Cream of Tartar 1 t. Vanilla Pure Extract 1/2 t. Almond Extract 2 t. Grated Lemon Zest 1 t. Grated Orange Zest Directions: Pre heat oven to 350 degrees. Combine 1/2 cup of sugar with 1 1/3 cups of ca

Glazed Rum Cake for Orion Fire Department Fundraiser

You don't have to look very far for heroes in NW Oklahoma. Each local, volunteer, fire department is packed full of them. I will never understand the passion these folks have for risking their lives to save others ... doing it all the best they can with what they got.