Skip to main content

Cheese & Bacon Flavored Dog Treats

homemade dog treats
Even our babies live extravagantly on the Morgan Family Farm. I home make their treats for them and they love me so. 

Did I mention, these treats have been tasted by our cowboy friend, while visiting the farm? He says they're tasty. We shared one of these dog treats with his dog named 'Girl Dog', but not before he'd popped one in his mouth. "Wow! How was it?", I asked. "I don't feed my dogs anything I don't eat." he seriously replied. It's always a good time on the farm. 

What You'll Need:

1 1/2 Cups Old Fashion Oats
1 1/2 Cup Boiling Water
1/2 Cup Butter
1 Egg
3/4 Cup Milk
1 Cup Corn Meal
1 1/2 Cup Grated Cheddar Cheese
1/4 Cup Bacon Bits
1 Tbs. Sugar
4 -5 Cups of Wheat Flour

Directions:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper. Boil water in the microwave then add oats. Cover and let stand for ten minutes.

Add butter, sugar, and a beaten egg into it.
homemade dog treats

Then add cheese, bacon bits, and cornmeal. 
homemade dog treats

Stir in cornmeal and start adding the flour in small amounts.
homemade dog treats

It gets pretty thick. Stir by hand, mixing well.
homemade dog treats

Pour onto a floured surface and knead a few times until dough is stiff.
homemade dog treats

Roll and cut with a dog bone cookie cutter. After cutting, it's important to use a large fork to make holes for venting. Venting helps them dry out.
homemade dog treats

Bake at 325 degrees for 40 min. About halfway through open your oven and let the steam out. Dry out at room temp. over night.


Your babies will love you if you make these for them this holiday.....mine do. 


homemade dog treats
Jane, Kiki and Grace, wishing you a Merry Christmas.
Buzz, Buzz


Comments

  1. Dogs are not supposed to eat onion or onion powder...is there a bullion that does not have onion?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. I did not know that and will update this recipe without the bullion. Only the best for the lovelies. <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Back to Basics with Buttermilk Cheddar Biscuits

Spring has sprung on the farm. The trees and flowers have awoke from their winter sleep with beautiful blooms. Hummingbirds have arrived to feed on my feeders and the noise coming from the trees is a wonderful melody of bird song. We were recently enchanted with a very special visit from my granddaughter, Hadlee Rose Mount. The sacred bond between a grandmother and her granddaughter is a sweet whisper of love from the depths of our souls.  During Hadlee Rose's stay, we planted a lovely Queen Elizabeth Rose Bush, right outside my bedroom window. Even though we are often separated by many miles, I hear her love whisper each time I gaze upon our rose bush and I whisper back, "I love you sweet Hadlee Rose." In keeping with the simple, basic living ideas of the Morgan Family Farm, I've chose my go to homemade Buttermilk Cheddar Biscuits recipe for todays blog. Let's get started. What You'll Need: 2 Cups all-purpose flour (plus more as ne

Best Angel Food Cake

I make an Angel Food Cake every third Friday of the month for Elm Grove Community Church's Rib Dinner. Our community enjoys a feast, by donation only, to support Elm Gove's children's ministry. Power House Kids is our children's bus ministry. We buss children to church within a forty mile radius and feed them each Wednesday night. I love my country church. You can try my Angel Food Cake at the Rib Dinner, or you can make your very own with this recipe. This cakes substance and flavor is what sets it apart from all others. Let's get started. What You'll Need: 2 Cups Sifted Superfine Sugar Divided 1 1/3 Cups Sifted Cake Flour (not self rising) 1 1/2 Cups Egg Whites (10 - 12 jumbo, fresh and room temp) 3/4 t. Kosher Salt 1 1/2 t. Cream of Tartar 1 t. Vanilla Pure Extract 1/2 t. Almond Extract 2 t. Grated Lemon Zest 1 t. Grated Orange Zest Directions: Pre heat oven to 350 degrees. Combine 1/2 cup of sugar with 1 1/3 cups of ca

Glazed Rum Cake for Orion Fire Department Fundraiser

You don't have to look very far for heroes in NW Oklahoma. Each local, volunteer, fire department is packed full of them. I will never understand the passion these folks have for risking their lives to save others ... doing it all the best they can with what they got.